Popular Lincolnshire cinema removes a third of its seats ready for reopening with social distancing
A historic cinema has announced it will reopen again after having removed a third of its seats in its biggest screen to comply with social distancing.
The Kinema in the Woods is preparing to welcome back filmgoers from Friday, July 10 following more than three months of lockdown.
The popular venue in the village of Woodhall Spa has spent lockdown making preparations for reopening under government guidance in place to protect customers and staff from coronavirus.
The three-screen Kinema is set to look and feel very different to what regulars have become familiar with in the 1940s-themed venue.
In order to reopen with social distancing, a third of seats have been taken away from Screen One.
Tickets must be booked and upgraded software will automatically allow at least a two-seat gap between you and other filmgoers when visiting the Kinema.
A spokesperson for the Kinema said: “We were pleased to receive the news from the Government that cinemas in England can reopen from July 4 onwards and have taken the decision to re-open our doors from Friday, July 10.
“We have been working closely with the UK Cinema Association who have drawn up guidelines with direction from Public Health England and the UK Government to ensure that cinemas can reopen safely and be Covid-secure.
“The safety of our staff and customers is of paramount importance and numerous measures have been put in place to ensure this.”
The measures which have been put in place include:
- Perspex screens installed at the box office and all sales counters in the foyer.
- Hand sanitiser stations at the entrance and throughout the building.
- A one-way system introduced so customers enter through one door and exit through another.
- A third of seats removed in Screen 1 to allow for social distancing – this also comes with the benefit of extra legroom!
- Box office software has been upgraded to automatically leave a minimum of 2 seats between bookings within each auditorium.
- Extra time will be allowed between screenings so that customers from one screening leave before the next arrive.
- Enhanced cleaning regimes are in place with special attention given to any high-touch surfaces.
The number of screenings per day will be reduced to allowing for cleaning between shows.
Customers will be asked to fins your seat first and then one member of the group can go back to the foyer to buy snacks and refreshments.
Face coverings are encouraged while queuing in the foyer.
The spokesperson added that the Kinema wold reopen four days a week, aiming to open full time at the end of July.
They said: “A selection of classic movies will be shown alongside films released earlier in the year that customers may have missed due to lockdown, ahead of new releases starting again from late-July, including Disney’s Mulan and Tenet.”
Films which will be shown week commencing Friday, July 10 are:
Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
Trolls: World Tour
Harry Potter & The Philosopher’s Stone
Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets
Singin’ in the Rain
The Shawshank Redemption.
Tickets for all films are just £5 each.
To book, visit www.thekinemainthewoods.co.uk